Friday, June 10, 2011

Ava's First "Play Date"

Today, Ava had her first "play date" with sweet baby Ben.  Ben is my best friend Jennifer's little boy and he is 2 months old today.  Their play date consisted of a lot of staring (eye contact on Ben's part, Strange focusing on Ava Claire's) and lots of talking from the Mommy's and Miss Vickie and Phil.  It was so great to see little Ben grow so much since I saw him the week before Ava Claire was born and all of the milestones he has reached (like the aforementioned eye contact).  It was very cute to see Ben's reaction to Jennifer when she would pick up AC in front of him.  Not sure if he meant to, but he was very close to crying a couple of times when he would see another baby with his Mommy.  It made me very excited to think of all of the things Ava Claire will accomplish in the next few weeks as she grows out of being a newborn into being an infant.  Sadly, I was so excited to have visitors that I forgot to take pictures of the encounter which I think I will regret when they get married one day and we don't have a picture of their first visit on their slide show.

Last night, I had my very first trip out with my sweet friends from Bright Start away from Ava Claire.  She stayed at home with Daddy as he prepared for the basketball game later that night.  I was so excited to get out but knew I would miss the Princess.  I was fine for the first couple of hours but then started missing her so I went home early.  When I got home, I found out AC had slept pretty much the entire time so I didn't miss too much.  I figured it was my trial run before I attempt to go back to work this Thursday (!!!!) and I think it went well.  I am so happy we have a nanny at Bright Start though so when Nick has basketball camps and things to go to this summer, she will be in the same building with me.  It's a win win situation.  I think Ava is secretly waiting on me to leave the nest so she and Daddy can watch ESPN and work on basketball plays all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment