Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Milestone??? Already?!?!?!?!

For those of you who don't know what my job as an Early Interventionist entails, I assess babies and toddlers on development.  I basically do activities with them to see if they have reached certain milestones by the average range in which they should.  This has proven to be both very beneficial with Ava as well as a bit of pressure on her and myself.  The benefits are that I don't freak out when she goes cross-eyed trying to focus because I know she won't truly be able to synchronize focusing with both eyes until about 1.5-2 months.  I am constantly observing little things she does like coming to midline, grasping small objects, etc. and wondering if she is truly meeting that milestone or if it's just something babies do while figuring out how things work. Today, however, Ava Claire did something that Nick has told me she has done before but I did not believe him- she rolled from tummy to back during our tummy time!!!! She is very mobile and can move around in a circle while on tummy time and I had noticed that she could get to her side while in tummy time so I assumed it would be only a matter of time until she figured out how to completely go over.  Well, she did today and I think I scared the dogs I was so excited about it!!! Now I'm wondering if she was able to do this because her sweet little frog belly is quite round and gives her extra leverage- see picture below :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment