Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tough Week

This week has been one of so many changes.  First, I went back to work after only a month of recovery.  Since I had been out on bed rest for so long with preeclampsia, it was kind of necessary to get back into the swing of things.  Ava Claire went to Miss Weezie, the Nanny on Thursday, my first day back and she did great! She slept pretty much all day.  That evening however, was difficult.  She cried for a long time and we could tell it was tummy issues.  Earlier that day, I had noticed that her eye was swollen, the same way Nick's swells when he's exposed to peanuts.  I realized then that it could have something to do with what I'm eating.  Since she is only getting 1 feeding a day from me because of my lack of milk, we made the decision to stop pumping.  It was so difficult to do that but I feel like the elimination diet is going to be a waste of time to figure out what is upsetting her so much.  If we have her strictly on formula, at least we know EXACTLY what she is consuming so we can work with that. 
On a brighter note, she slept in her crib last night! No bassinet or anything! I was so proud of her.  Miss Weezie put her in the crib on Thursday and she fell fast asleep so I figured I could try it too. Something else I learned was that she falls asleep immediately if she's fussy when she is placed on her tummy.  Apparently the pressure on her stomach helps.  I am now allowing her to take naps on her tummy- strictly supervised of course.  Her core and neck muscles are well developed so I feel comfortable with her being able to breathe correctly. We will see if this makes her happier.
Tomorrow we will celebrate Father's Day.  Ava attempted to make Nick a stepping stone for his flower garden he has created but trying to get a 1 month old to place her hand flat in cement is a little challenging.  I will post pictures tomorrow of how this turned out since it is supposed to be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment